Curried Tuna Salad Melts
This cheesy tuna melt spiced with curry powder uses pieces of baguette as the base for a crowd-pleasing open-face sandwich that’s quick and easy for lunch.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|10 Mins||5 Mins||Serves 6|
- 6 slices P’tit Québec Very Mild White Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 tsp (20 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cans (6 oz each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 baguette
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter, at room temperature
- Preheat broiler to high; position rack in centre of oven. Stir together mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, chives, curry powder, salt and pepper until combined. Fold in tuna.
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise, then cut each half crosswise to make 4 sections. Arrange baguette sections, cut side up, on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Spread each baguette section with butter, then divide tuna salad mixture among sections; top evenly with cheese slices. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. To serve, cut each section in half.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins or sliced almonds to tuna salad mixture if desired.
- Serve with a side of pickle slices or cherry tomatoes.
- Use whole grain baguette if desired.