Cheesy Prosciutto and Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
Say good-bye to a boring lunch, and hello to these bright, fresh asparagus-stuffed bundles.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|10 Mins||20 Mins||Serves 8|
- 1 pkg (450 g) puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) P’tit Quebec Mozzarella Shred, divided
- 16 slices prosciutto
- 2 lb (1 kg) asparagus, trimmed (about 36 spears)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Gently roll each puff pastry sheet into 12-inch (30 cm) square. Cut each sheet into four 6-inch (15 cm) squares.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) Dijon mustard evenly over each square, turning to create diamond shapes.
- Top each square evenly with 2 tbsp cheese, prosciutto and 4 asparagus spears.
- Fold opposite corners of pastry diamonds over to overlap asparagus. Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Top with remaining cheese; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and flaky, and asparagus is tender.
Tip: Omit prosciutto for a vegetarian alternative.