Pear, Honey and Cheese Galette
This flaky dessert looks impressive and comes together in a pinch –perfect for a weeknight treat or last-minute entertaining.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|10 Mins||15 Mins||Serves 8|
- 1 prepared pie crust (9-inch/23 cm)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded P’tit Quebec Natural Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) honey, divided
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp (10 mL) coarse sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) crushed candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. On lightly floured surface, gently unfold pie crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over pie crust, leaving 2-inch (5 cm) border. Arrange pears in spiral pattern over top; drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Fold uncovered pie crust over filling, pinching decoratively into pleats. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Brush edges with egg yolk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and flaky, and pears are tender.
- Drizzle with remaining honey; sprinkle with candied pecans before serving.
Tip: For an extra indulgence, serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.