Cheesy Apple Crisp Dessert Parfait
Layered with sautéed apples, granola and a whipped cream cheese topping, these yummy apple crisp parfaits are easy to make.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|15 Mins||10 Mins||Serves 6|
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) P’tit Quebec Very Mild White shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) plain brick-style cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) granola
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) caramel sauce
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook apples, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Let cool completely.
- In food processor, mix together mild white cheese, cream cheese, icing sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth.
- In 6 parfait dishes, layer half each of the apple mixture, cream cheese mixture and granola. Repeat layers once. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Tip: Substitute maple syrup for caramel sauce if desired.