Bacon and Eggplant Lasagna
With rich eggplant and smoky bacon, this gluten-free lasagna is a comforting dish that the whole family will love.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|15 Mins||55 Mins||Serves 4|
- 1 pkg (320 g) P’tit Québec Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 3 medium eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices (about 16 slices)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 jar (680 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush eggplant slices with oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together puréed tomatoes, basil, bacon and garlic. Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce in bottom of greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish. Arrange 4 eggplant slices, slightly overlapping, over sauce. Top with 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce, and 3/4 cup (175 mL) cheese. Repeat layers twice. Layer remaining eggplant slices, sauce and cheese over top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbling and eggplant is very tender.