Ratatouille Frittata with Mozzarella
Loaded with lots of veggies, this cheesy frittata is perfect for brunch.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|10 Mins||30 Mins||Serves 6|
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) P’tit Québec Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 2% milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion, garlic, and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and pepper for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) cheese, eggplant mixture, tomatoes and parsley.
- Melt butter in 10-inch (25 cm) ovenproof nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan; cook for about 5 minutes or until eggs start to set around edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Return to oven. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Turn out onto cutting board or serving dish. Cut into wedges.
Tip: Substitute basil, chives or tarragon for parsley.