Sweet Strawberry Grilled Cheese Dippers
Dessert is made simple with delicious fruit-filled grilled cheese dippers.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|10 Mins||20 Mins||4|
- 8 slices sourdough (1/4-inch/5 mm thick slices)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced strawberries
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded P’tit Quebec Natural Very Mild Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate sauce, warmed
- Spread 4 slices of bread evenly with strawberry jam. Top evenly with strawberries and cheese. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Toast sandwiches in large, lightly greased skillet set over medium heat, in batches, for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden and cheese is melted. Let cool slightly.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 strips. Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with chocolate sauce for dipping.
Tip: Mix and match with your favourite fruits and jams. Try a combination of sliced pears and apricot jam, or mixed berries with blackberry jam.