Cheesy Pork Meatball Sliders with Roasted Red Peppers
These irresistible meatball sliders are layered with Fiesta Shredded Cheese for a tasty dinner or appetizer.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|15 Mins||20 Mins||Serves 6|
- 2 cups (500 mL) P’tit Québec Fiesta Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 12 slider buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Mix together 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cheese, pork, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions and roll into balls. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until meatballs are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve meatballs in buns with remaining cheese, roasted red pepper slices and arugula.
Tip: Alternatively, serve in 4 large crusty hoagie buns for meatball submarine sandwiches.