Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
Celebrate National Croissant Day with this delicious decadent dish that’s perfect for a midday meal.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|15 Mins||45 Mins||Serves 8|
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted and divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 10 cups (2.5 L) torn day-old croissants (8 or 9 croissants)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed P’tit Quebec Old Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed ham
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced green onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, butter, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss croissant pieces with egg mixture, half of the cheese, ham, green pepper, and half of the green onions.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish; top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake for about 15 minutes or until top and edges are golden and crispy. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
Tip: Also delicious with bacon, pancetta or leftover roast chicken.