You can’t go wrong when you mix together some of French-Canada’s most favourite flavours! This poutine has a base of crispy golden fries topped with a generous amount of crumbled maple bacon, caramelized onions, maple syrup, gravy and delicious P’tit Québec® Poutine Cheese Curds. Just garnish with fresh chopped chives and dig in!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Yields|
|15 Mins||30 Mins||Serves 4|
- 12 oz (300 g) P’tit Québec Poutine Cheese Curds
- 1.5 lbs (680 g) french fries
- 8 slices maple bacon
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- pinch salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 2 pkgs poutine gravy mix
- water, as per poutine gravy mix instructions
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chives, chopped
- Peel onions and cut in half from top to bottom. Turn onion halves on their flat sides and cut horizontally into thin slices. Pour oil into a large skillet and heat to medium-low heat, then place onions into the skillet and add a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally on low heat for 30-45 minutes or longer, until desired transparency and brownness is achieved. Add oil as needed.
- Prepare french fries and poutine gravy mix according to package directions and set aside.
- Cook maple bacon until crispy. Allow to cool and crumble into chunks. Set aside.
- Final assembly: divide fries into 4 bowls. Top each with ¼ of the caramelized onions and P’tit Québec® Poutine Cheese Curds. Pour ¼ of the maple syrup and gravy into each bowl. Top with crumbled bacon, and chopped chives.